Tuesday 30 October 2012

Yo-Yo

Sixteen  10" x 12"  Oil
 
I have been an emotional yo-yo this weekend. I sold no paintings at a local exhibition in Swaffham and felt really down. So much that I couldn't lift a paintbrush yesterday and wondered at the point of it all.
Then, yesterday evening, I received a call to tell me I had won a prize elsewhere. This was for the members vote for the best in show at the  Hertford Art Society  Annual Members' Exhibition.
I am really thrilled, because I think it praise indeed to be admired by fellow artists, and also because I won the same prize last year! Howzatt!
Woohoo....I'm off to paint!
 
 

4 comments:

Stephie Butler said...

Congratulations Sharon, you are an amazing artist and so deserve this. Don't let these times get you down, we all have them and have stopped trying to figure out why...Just paint and keep painting....

Linda Roth said...

Congratulations indeed. I have to repeat what Stephie said, you are an amazing artist. Don't ever let the Philistines get you down. They don't know great work when they see it.

Judy said...

Congratulations Sharon! I agree, you are an amazing artist! And this painting is a favourite!

Carolann said...

I know I just put 5 paintings in and no luck this time. Fantastic news that you got this award.