Monday 22 March 2010

Happy Birthday, Roo!

Swing 20" x 16" Oil in progress
The initial blocking in....but you see already I am picking out detail. I have to keep this as loose and impressionistic as possible or lose the movement. A way to go then!
If only I could wish Andrew a happy birthday, he would have been 31 today. There is no reality in that number as he will be forever 9 years old. Cheeky, funny, quiet, football mad, the memory sustains me, how glad I am to have known him for nine years.

2 comments:

David Larson Evans said...

Looking Good and I'm glad to know you.

Art with Liz said...

Ah Sharon, thank goodness for memories and good ones at that. Keeping it loose is the challenge, but knowing your remarkable life drawing abilities, you will certainly achieve this. You will be in our hearts and thoughts today.