Thursday 26 February 2009

Untitled WIP + Not So Sunny Hunny 10" x 10" Oil

I have been arm wrestling! Or rather struggling with this foreshortened arm for two days. Do you think the thumb is too big? I am also undecided about what colour to paint the 'door'. I want to leave it white, but instinct tells me it would be dark, even if the colour is white. We shall see.
I gave myself a break yesterday and painted something else.


This from a photo taken in Hunstanton during the summer. Makes a change from reading the Sunday papers in the garden, I guess.

Happy painting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have been busy again, not sure I know enough to advice you on this one, sure one of the blogging chums will. I rather like the door the way it is, but I'm no expert. Ilike the couple reading, just natural poses are good, hope you finish off ok Good work!

David Larson Evans said...

Hey Sharon, I think the thumb is fine. I like the high key of the painting and the door being white. If this painting was my project, I would try a white that is less bright on the door. This is a time when photoshop can come in handy, it lets you see some options before you commit.

David Larson Evans said...

E mail me and i will send you an example tampaartist@gmail.com