Saturday 21 February 2009

Untitled 18" x 19" Oil WIP





I spent most of Thursday looking through my reference material, searching inspiration and a non personal image to paint for a show at Easter. I found this, and I was away!
I was trying very hard to use brush loads of paint, as you know not my usual style. Consequently, I got in a muddy mess! I 'tonked' it three times already! It will very likely turn out fine, but John Singer Sargent, I ain't. I wish!
I shall be needing a title for this, folks, any ideas?
Thanks for your visit, I hope it was enjoyable? Please add any comment, I would love to know what you think about any of my stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, Another great painting, I like the high key look and I wonder what this person is reading, a letter maybe. It has a narrative and I am sure it will do well for the exhibition. can't think of an original title, maybe just 'The Letter' Sorry I'm not more help. Keep up the good work!

David Larson Evans said...

It looks great,hey John S. Sargent would brush a big thick stroke on the canvas and if it was not perfect he would scrape it off and try again.

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon- this is looking good and I love Nana. You have such a nice 'touch'.