Thursday 27 March 2008

A Quiet Corner 12" x 12" acrylic


I had a disappointing Easter, as I didn't sell a single picture, at the exhibition in Hertfordshire. Last year the same, and my husband Roy suggested that I do smaller, cheaper pictures of a different subject to everyone else. Wise words, which I had forgotten when the exhibition loomed again this year. So I went my own sweet way and now I am suffering!!!!!

The next exhibition is in April and all the pictures I had planned to show are to be sidelined as I rack my brains for something different. This is my first effort.
Inspired by Edward B Gordon, who has a blog, http://www.edwardbgordon.blogspot.com/ , and who does a small painting a day. My favourite of his subjects are the snapshots of people going about their daily business in his locality. They are fabulous, so tomorrow I shall be out with my sketchbook and camera. Thanks, Edward for the inspiration.
Actually, the plan is to submit two of my bigger paintings and paint four new, smaller ones.
We shall see.

1 comment:

Edward B. Gordon said...

Dear Sharon,

thank you for your recent comment, and the link. I hope you will have better luck in April !

all the very best to you and your work

yours Edward