Monday 12 August 2019

Nothing since January. eh! That is terrible. I better remedy that. Not that I have done much work in that time, but let's see......
Ambition  20" x 20"  Oil
In progress
Startled  16" x 16"  Oil
Honey Trail  Triptych  51" x 172  Oil

" Ma "   23" x 33"   Charcoal

Importantly, to me, I have been working on portraits to show in the Southwold Art Circle Summer Exhibition. It is usually a fabulous exhibition, I recommend you go see for yourself!

Now, for the most interesting thing to happen this year, so far. I got picked to appear in Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year 2019. WooHoo! Fantastic! with this self portrait




I had a brilliant day, meeting celebrities and painting with like minded people is artist heaven. It was so fascinating to watch the process of filming a TV program. We arrived at 7.30am on a bright March day, and got to go home around 9.30pm. Long day.  
The program was broadcast on Sky Arts very quickly, and has just now been shown on Channel 4, a 
new thing for this program, to reach a wider audience. Fabulous!

No comments: