Tuesday 20 October 2015

Demo at Heacham

Julie  16" × 20"   Oil
Today I did my first ever proper demontration of how I paint a portrait in oils. I had such butterflies this morning, but I need not  have worried at all. They were the friendliest group,  happy and enthusiastic, and made the morning fly by. I had the BEST time.
I had to stop at this point because the light had changed too much, but all seemed delighted with my effort, especially the sitter, Julie, (and very good she was too!) who got to keep the portrait. David Oakland, who formed and tutors the group, had the brilliant idea to draw a name out of a hat of all willing sitters. 

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Bravo pour ce joli portrait... Une démonstration qui a dû plaire à beaucoup de vos élèves.

Gros bisous ☼