Monday 3 August 2015

Acrylics

That Letter  50cm x 60cm  Acrylic  

 I found this painting that I did years ago, really couldn't decide what subject to paint on it. t won a prize in a local show.
I was reminded how iI used to enjoy slapping on the paint with acrylics. It didn't seem to matter  if proportions, colour, etc, weren't exactly right. Acrylics were made to have fun with!
This huge, (for me) canvas, 80cm x 100cm has been looking at me for a long time. I really 
couldn't decide what subject to paint on it. Inspired by friend Helen Breach and remembering times and paintings past , I started! That is a lot of space to fill up!

1 comment:

Linda Roth said...

Nice bit of slapping on the paint. And the nicest thing about acrylics is that you can mix up batches of your palette colors, store them in tiny food storage containers with a tight lid and they will last and be at your fingertips for months. I liked the mixing facility of the medium; it made you free to splash away at whim.