Friday 15 November 2013

En Plein Air

Having only once, 25 years ago, attempted en plein air painting, and hating it, I was a bit scared of making a complete idiot of myself. But the desire to meet artists such as Mo  and Haidee-Jo, whose work I have long admired, made me shift my arse! And I had the BEST day. I can't tell you what a buzz it is to say something and everyone knows EXACTLY what you mean! The company of other artists is HOME to me. Magic. They were ALL such lovely people. Next time I shall not hesitate. My painting was rubbish, but, hey, first time guys!
 
 Plein Air-ers full of lunch! Malcolm Cudmore, Rosemary Carruthers, Jennifer Sendall, Linda Matthews, Mo Teeuw, Helen Herbert, Haidee-Jo Summers, and Mari French.
 
 
My feeble effort....Brancaster Staithe   10" x 12"  Oil

1 comment:

Vern Schwarz said...

Plein air can be so much fun, but like you I never seem to get out and do it. Glad to hear you had such a great time. The painting ain't half bad either.