Friday 15 February 2008

Kate Acrylic + Charcoal 20" x 30"


Hi fans, I've not been painting this week because I've not been well. It started with the funny throat and got progressively worse. My poor husband, Roy, has had no sleep! I have not stopped coughing. What price health? I have bought myself some masks today, six for 1.99p!!!!!! take heed all you pastellists and charcoal lovers.


Today I started a new portrait. It is nowhere near completed, but I thought I would give you some background.


I have in the past, many times, drawn in charcoal on an coloured acrylic ground. I have always been a bit wishy washy with the colour, but to nice enough effect, I think. No more wishy washy for me. Today I started with a solid cadmium deep red ground! I think more acrylic paint will be needed , but we shall see.


Hope you enjoy the example of wishy washy, it will be something to compare.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: